How can I connect the Internet?
The Internet in our time can afford almost every resident of the country. However, in order to connect to the Internet, it may take a lot of time. In this article we will provide instructions that will help connect the Internet literally within half an hour.
To connect to the Internet via a local network, you need to have at least two computers, one of which will be the main server. You also need to create one working group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the control panel, go to the system settings and click "Security".
- Next, select "System", and in the new menu - "Advanced system settings."
- Next, select the computer name and click the "Change in new dialog box" button. Create a working group (you can choose any name).
- Click OK. After that, you will need to restart the computer.
- Now you need to configure a permanent ip-address for both computers. To do this, you need to go to the control panel, go to the "Network" tab and select "Network and Sharing Center".
- Select "Change adapter settings", then "Network card" and right-click, select "Properties".
- Now you need to configure the visibility of the computer. To do this, go to the Internet menu, select "Network and Sharing Center".
- Next you need to select the tab “Change advanced sharing options”. In the opened profiles you should select "Network Discovery", as well as "File and Printer Sharing". Plus select "Sharing".
- In order for network users to have access to all files and records, also tick off “Disable sharing with password protection”.
Thus, we considered how to create a local network of two computers. Next, let's look at how you can still connect your computer to the Internet.
Dedicated line connection
In order to make such a connection, you will need to conclude an agreement on the provision of services with the provider. As a rule, a specialist company itself configures the connection. However, you can do it yourself using the instructions specified in the contract.
Connecting via wi-fi router
If you have a wi-fi receiver, then using it and a network cable you can connect to the Internet and transmit a wireless signal to all devices equipped with a wi-fi module that is within range of the signal.
Connect using a usb modem
In order to connect to the Internet using a usb modem, you first need to purchase a modem with a mobile operator's SIM card. This modem can be used both with a wi-fi router and with a computer. In the first case, you will be able to distribute the signal to all devices, while modern modems from mobile operators are able to distribute not only 3G Internet, but also fourth-generation Internet, the so-called LTE.