Diabetes-Friendly Lemony Salad Dressing Recipe
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the juice and pulp of 1/2 to 1 whole lemon, according to taste, 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 smashed garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste the salad dressing. If the taste is too strong, add a tablespoon of water. Repeat until you get the flavor you desire. Remember, you want it to be a bit strong since it will be poured over the greens and tossed
Note: If you do not have a garlic press, you can chop up the garlic, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and smash with a fork.
To maximize the health properties of garlic, crush or smash it at room temperature and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
Try this recipe with lime juice, add a pinch of chili powder or a chili powder spice mixture. My favorite chili spice mix is Tajin Clasico Seasoning. Try adding a tablespoon of sesame seed paste. Experiment by adding your favorite dry or fresh herbs and spices.
Why This Salad Dressing Is a Healthy Choice
It contains olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Olive oilis an excellent source of monounsaturated fat which is very heart-healthy and offers other benefits like promoting loss of belly fat, helping with weight loss, and helping to reduce cholesterol.
- Garlicmay help prevent heart disease and lower cholesterol.
- Lemon juiceis an excellent source of vitamin C and also contains soluble fiber. Lemon juice has and may help with weight loss, slow digestion of carbohydrates, prevent the absorption of some fats, increase , and help with circulation problems. Lemon juice also has a low glycemic index and might also help lower the glycemic index of other foods.
Video: Salad Dressing for People with Diabetes - Jill Weisenberger, CDE
Kaia Gerber’s Capsule For Karl Lagerfeld Is Here
Baldness: the cure
Im Positive This Brand Is the Next Big Thing
Retinoids: From Acne to Wrinkle Treatment
Finally: A Stylish Way to Wear Your Hair Tie Around YourWrist
The 9 Coolest Looks From Berlin Fashion Week
Best grocery stores in America
Dannii Minogue Hair
How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
Rape at work happens – here’s why it has to stop, by Chloe Howl
Mario Batali Has Been Officially Fired From The Chew
How to Install Your Mercruiser Propeller
How to Create a Household Budget
How to Get Through a Really Long Flight with Your Trusty Smart Phone