Baked Parmesan Butternut Chips
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 144 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 1057mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a potato peeler, carefully peel the butternut squash. Cut the squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Once all seeds have been removed, slice the squash into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the sliced butternut squash into the water and boil for one to two minutes. This will allow the squash to bake and become crispy, like a chip. Squash should still be slightly firm–not mushy. Drain the squash and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Gently pat dry.
- While squash is drying, mix salt, fresh rosemary, and cayenne in a small bowl. Once dry, carefully toss the squash in the extra virgin olive oil and salt mixture. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly mist with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange squash on the sheet so the pieces are not overlapping or touching. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container. Best if eaten after cooling.
Video: Butternut Squash Fries - Recipe - Hungry Girl
7 Couples Who Work Together
21 Genius Outfit Ideas to Steal This Summer: A ShoppableGuide
Scientists change how they define a kilogram, a 129 year old method
19 Successful Women Get Real About The Times They Failed
How to Help Your Kids Socialize with Others
Traders and Company Leaves Spring Tablecloth 109987LVS
70 Flattering Balayage Hair Color Ideas for 2019
Designer Kate Spade Found Dead In New York At 55
Trump: Samurai Japan will shoot North Korean missiles out of the sky
Benefits in Delaying Sex until Marriage
6. One partner shows early signs of substance abuse
The Best Beauty Kits